Essential Oils Safety
ESSENTIAL OIL SAFTEY
- When Essential oils are used properly they are considered safe. Always read the label for instructions for each oil
- Citrus Oils are photosensitive. Do not apply on areas of the skin that will be exposed to the sun within 48-72 hours.
- Keep essential oils away from all mucous membranes. This includes, but is not limited to the eye, ears, nose!
- Before taking oils internally, rubbing into skin, or using for bathing- Dilute with a carrier oil, honey, bath salts, etc… first.
- If you get an essential oil in your eye by accident. DO NOT flush with water. Water only disperses the essential Oil and makes it worse. Use Olive Oil, coconut oil, etc… or any fatty oil will dilute the oil and ease the burning.
- If you are Pregnant consult your doctor before using Essential Oils
- If you are under the care of a physician for high blood pressure, Epilepsy, or on medications, etc… please consult your physician to make sure there are no contraindications.
- Essential Oils can change the absorption rate of some medications. Make sure you check with a knowledgeable medical provider if you are taking medications.
- A little bit of essential Oils goes a long way. Start with a little bit and dilute it with a carrier oil before applying to your body.
- Do a test area on a non conspicuous area of your skin before to make sure there are no reactions.
- Keep all Essential Oils out of reach of young children ALWAYS!
- Keep Peppermint and Eucalyptus (there may be other oils too) away from Children under 3 years old especially the upper body area.
- Store oils in a cool, dark area with caps tightly closed.
- Pregnant / nursing women or children may be cautioned against consuming certain oils.
- When cooking with the oils they are typically diluted enough and used in such small quantities they are generally safe for all to consume.
- Even products that are considered safe to consume should be used with caution. Essential oils are very powerful and can interact with medications and other medical conditions. Always consult your physician before using the oils to be sure there are no contra-indications.
- As always…Use common sense.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.